Nicholas J. Faklis
Personal Injury & Criminal Attorney
Nicholas Faklis practices both personal injury and criminal law. Nicholas uses his years of experience as a prosecutor to now help defend those under investigation or prosecution for state and federal crimes. As a personal injury attorney, Nicholas's commitment to his clients, combined with his tireless work ethic, has afforded his cases with superior results.
Nicholas J. Faklis is well-respected personal injury and criminal defense attorney in Chicago with nearly 40 years of experience representing people throughout the State of Illinois. Nicholas is experienced in many areas of personal injury law, including cases involving automobile, motorcycle, truck and railroad accidents, birth trauma, wrongful death, medical malpractice, product and premises liability, and construction negligence.
Nicholas has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for clients living in Illinois and Indiana who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of others. Born and raised in Chicago to a working class family, Nicholas started working at his father's TV repair store in grammar school. In 1971, he graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago with an English degree. Nicholas then received a master's degree in American Studies from Northwestern University in 1972 and a law degree from DePaul University College of Law in 1975. After graduation from DePaul University College of Law, Nicholas served as an Assistant State's Attorney in the Cook County's State's Attorney's Office in Chicago from 1975 to 1983.
Nicholas prosecuted most of his cases in the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California, where he tried over eighty jury trials and hundreds of bench trials for numerous types of crimes. This experience has given Nicholas the benefit of understanding how prosecutors think and it has been invaluable for the clients he represents in criminal proceedings. Nicholas's successes as a prosecutor caught the attention of one of the most prominent personal injury attorneys in Chicago at the time, James Demos. In 1983, Nicholas joined the Law Offices of James Thomas Demos and Associates, where he learned from some of the best trial attorneys in Chicago how to represent people who were severely injured as a result of negligence or medical malpractice.
It is here that Nicholas worked side-by-side and successfully won many personal injury cases with his now partner, Jeffrey J. Tallis. In 1990, Nicholas and Jeffrey started their own law firm, Faklis, Tallis & Mead, P.C. Nicholas is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help his clients. This is especially beneficial to clients charged with a crime.
• View Nicholas's LinkedIn Profile
CIVIL practice areas
• Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
• Automobile, Motorcycle, Truck, Railroad and Bicycle Accidents
• Construction Negligence
• Medical Malpractice and Birth Trauma
• Worker's Compensation
• Product and Premises Liability
• Toxic Tort (Mold, Unsafe Pharmaceutical Drugs and Asbestos Exposure)
• Workplace Slip and Falls
• Dog Bite Cases
CRIMINAL practice areas
• Assault & Battery
• Domestic Violence
• Drug Cases
• Drop Cases
• Forfeiture Cases
• Revoked & Suspended Driver's Licenses
• Search Warrant & Suppression Cases
• DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 1975)
• Northwestern University (Master's Degree in American Studies, 1972)
• University of Illinois at Chicago (B.A. in English, 1971)
bar & court admissions
• Illinois, 1975
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
• The Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
• Southwest Bar Association
• Chicago Bar Association
• The American Association for Justice
• Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois